Not in stock. Usually arrives in 2-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Mercy Thompson series.
- #2: Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: River Marked (Mercy Thompson #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: Soul Taken (Mercy Thompson #13) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #14: Winter Lost (Mercy Thompson #14) (Hardcover): $30.00
THE FIRST MERCY THOMPSON NOVEL!
Moon Called is the novel that introduced Patricia Briggs’s Mercy Thompson to the world and launched a #1 bestselling phenomenon...
Mercy Thompson is a shapeshifter, and while she was raised by werewolves, she can never be one of them, especially after the pack ran her off for having a forbidden love affair. So she’s turned her talent for fixing cars into a business and now runs a one-woman mechanic shop in the Tri-Cities area of Washington State.
But Mercy’s two worlds are colliding. A half-starved teenage boy arrives at her shop looking for work, only to reveal that he’s a newly changed werewolf—on the run and desperately trying to control his animal instincts. Mercy asks her neighbor Adam Hauptman, the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, for assistance.
But Mercy’s act of kindness has unexpected consequences that leave her no choice but to seek help from those she once considered family—the werewolves who abandoned her...
“In the increasingly crowded field of kick-ass supernatural heroines, Mercy stands out as one of the best.”—Locus
About the Author
Patricia Briggs is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series and the Alpha and Omega novels.
“An excellent read with plenty of twists and turns. Her strong and complex characters kept me entertained from its deceptively innocent beginning to its can’t-put-it-down end.”—Kim Harrison, New York Times bestselling author
“Patricia Briggs always enchants her readers. With Moon Called, she weaves her magic on every page to take us into a new and dazzling world of werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, and vampires. Expect to be spellbound.”—Lynn Viehl, New York Times bestselling author
“Mercy’s first-person narrative voice is a treat throughout. And best of all, the fantasy elements retain their dark mystery and sense of wonder...entertaining from start to end.”—Fantasy & Science Fiction
“A strong story with multidimensional characters...Mercy is, at heart, someone we can relate to.”—SFRevu
“I’ve never been disappointed by one of [Patricia Briggs’s] books and this one is no exception...Moon Called ends on a high note and leaves you wanting more.”—Fresh Fiction
More Praise for the Mercy Thompson Novels
“I love these books.”—Charlaine Harris, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“The best new urban fantasy series I’ve read in years.”—Kelley Armstrong, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“Action-packed and with more than a few satisfying emotional payoffs...Patricia Briggs at the top of her game.”—The Speculative Herald
“The characters are all realistic and vibrant.”—The Independent
“These are fantastic adventures, and Mercy reigns.”—SFRevu
“The world building is incredibly lush and subsuming...a fantastic urban fantasy adventure.”—Fresh Fiction
“Outstanding.”—Charles de Lint, Fantasy & Science Fiction