Email or call for price
A groundbreaking book on women’s physical and emotional well-being, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom has become a classic, with more than 1.25 million copies in print. Here in this revised edition is the most up-to-date information available on women’s health issues.
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.
Dr. Northrup brings us vital information about the best techniques of Western medicine and the best alternative therapies, showing how to incorporate both into a complementary whole. She guides readers through the entire range of women’s health problems and offers innovative, positive perspectives on normal processes, such as menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause. This edition includes:
• A nutrition chapter emphasizing individual dietary needs and body chemistry
• Information on improving fertility after age 35--and how to cut the risk of C-section by 50 percent
• A comprehensive program for menopause, including how to decide whether natural hormone replacement is right for you
• Holistic ways to prepare and heal faster if surgery is necessary
• Plus dozens of natural treatments and a wealth of hard-to-find health care resources
Filled with dramatic case histories from her medical practice in Maine, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is contemporary medicine at its best, combining new technologies with natural remedies and the miraculous healing powers within the body itself.
"This guide goes far beyond standard self-help books [and] is as accessible as it is empowering."—Publishers Weekly.