An IACP Culinary Classics Hall of Fame book • Winner of the James Beard award
"If you ever bake a cake, this book will become your partner in the kitchen." —Maida Heatter
This is the classic cake cookbook that enables anyone to make delicious, exquisite cakes. As a writer for food magazines, women's magazines, and newspapers, including The New York Times, Rose Levy Beranbaum's trademark is her ability to reduce the most complex techniques to easy-to-follow recipes. Rose makes baking a joy. This is the definitive work on cakes by the country's top cake baker.
The Cake Bible shows how to:
- Mix a buttery, tender layer cake in under five minutes with perfect results every time
- Make the most fabulous chocolate cake you ever imagined with just three ingredients
- Find recipes for every major type of cake, from pancakes to four-tiered wedding cakes
- Make cakes with less sugar but maximum flavor and texture
- Make many low- to no- cholesterol, low-saturated-fat recipes
About the Author
Rose Levy Beranbaum has created special occasion cakes priced at more than two thousand dollars for customers including world-renowned restaurant consultant George Lang, and a wedding cake for Rudolph Sprungli, owner of Lindt Chocolate. She lives and works in New York City.