Email or call for price
Email or call for price
Take your creativity to the next level with the ultimate artist’s bible!
Covering everything from how to draw and paint to ceramics, sculptures and printmaking, you’ll get the most out of your passion for art with this beautifully illustrated artist’s handbook. It also includes newer areas like digital art and animation — perfect for modern artists!
Discover everything you need to help you release the artist within:
• All areas of visual and digital art, including drawing, painting, 3D art, printmaking, textiles and photography.
• Each section is written by an acknowledged expert in that field — both practicing professionals and university-level teachers.
• Comprehensive coverage of equipment and tools, including step-by-step sequences, where appropriate on how to use.
• Techniques are illustrated in step-by-step sequences by professional artists, with basic skills leading on to more advanced techniques.
• Gets to the heart of the matter and delivers the information quickly and authoritatively.
Whether you’re dipping in to find a specific painting technique or browsing for artistic inspiration, this artist’s reference book covers all the elements of art. Brush up on the art basics like choosing the right tool, mixing watercolors and preparing a canvas. Take your skills further and learn how to glaze a pot, try out 3D printing and mosaic, or create a digital collage.
The Artist's Manual will help you become a more confident, creative artist. Equipment, materials and methods are fully explained and beautifully illustrated. Perfect for artists of every skill level, you’ll be creating your own masterpieces in no time with this sourcebook of art. It’s a must-have for every artist’s studio!
About the Author
Lead consultant: Rob Pepper is a leading art academic with experience in multiple disciplines. Artist and principal of Art Academy London, an innovative art school founded in 2000 that has taught more than 20,000 students a variety of creative subjects. Rob has had solo exhibitions in London, Melbourne, Houston, Dallas, and Hong Kong. His recent commissions have included transforming the chancel roof of a 19th century London church; creating huge tapestries for MGM Orient in Beijing, and painting for a boutique hotel with Parkview Group Hong Kong.
In galleries, museums, and private collections, Rob has a worldwide audience for his work. Most recently he has shown at the Best of British Exhibition in Shanghai alongside gallery shows in Dubai and design projects in Dublin, Beijing, Hangzhou, and Hong Kong.
Each section of the book will also include the expertise of contributors who are specialists in their fields.