Not in stock. Usually arrives in 2-5 Days
A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Vietnamese--whether you're 5 or 100 This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Vietnamese words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given using the Vietnamese alphabet--with a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly--along with the English meaning. The words are grouped into 40 different themes or topics, including basics, like meeting someone new and using public transportation, to culture-specific topics, like celebrating Vietnamese holidays and eating Vietnamese food. This colorful picture dictionary includes:
- Over 750 color photographs
- 1,500 culture-specific Vietnamese words and phrases
- 38 different topics--from social media and counting to Vietnamese food and holidays
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Free online audio recordings by native Vietnamese speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences to download or stream
- An introduction to Vietnamese pronunciation and grammar
- A bidirectional index to allow you to quickly look up words
Vietnamese Picture Dictionary makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages--curious kids, visual learners and future travelers to Vietnam.
About the Author
Nguyen Thi Lien Huong earned her B. A. in history from Vietnam National University at Hanoi and her M. A. in Southeast Asian Studies from National Chi Nan University in Taiwan. She also completed a one-year course in the Chinese language at Beijing Language and Culture University. She worked as a research fellow at the Institute for Chinese Studies of the Vietnamese Academy of Social Sciences for ten years. Since 2008 she has been teaching Vietnamese at National Taiwan University, National Chengchi University, Fu Jen University, Taiwan Police College and Taiwan International Trade Institute.