The all-in-one business law book
Whether you're just starting a small business, or your business is already up and running, legal questions crop up on an almost daily basis. Ignoring them can threaten your enterprise--but hiring a lawyer to help with routine issues can devastate the bottom line.
The Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business has helped more than a quarter million entrepreneurs and business owners master the basics, including how to:
- raise start-up money
- decide between an LLC or other business structure
- save on business taxes
- get licenses and permits
- choose the right insurance
- negotiate contracts and leases
- avoid problems if you're buying a franchise
- hire and manage employees and independent contractors
- attract and keep customers (and get paid on time), and
- limit your liability and protect your personal assets.
The 16th edition is completely updated with the latest legal information and tax rules for small businesses under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.