Living trusts simplified Protect your family and avoid probate with this bestselling guide.
Death may be inevitable, but probate doesn't have to be. By creating a living trust, your property will bypass lengthy and expensive probate proceedings and go directly to the people you've designated, quickly, and easily.
Make Your Own Living Trust explains what living trusts are, how they work, why you may want one. You'll learn how to:
- create an individual or shared living trust
- transfer assets to your trust, including real estate, stocks and bonds, jewelry, art or a small business
- name beneficiaries for all trust property
- sign your document and make it legal
- appoint someone to manage property left to minors or young adults
- provide for trust property management if you become incapacitated
- retain absolute control over trust property while you live
- register, amend, or revoke a trust
- make a basic will
Make Your Own Living Trust includes all the forms and step by step instructions you need to create your own living trust and simple will. You'll also get important information about other estate planning tools, like wills, powers of attorney, and other options for avoiding probate.
Completely updated and revised, this edition includes the latest legal and tax information, as well as new tips for getting your documents finalized while social distancing.
Good in all states except Louisiana. Download forms for book at nolo.com.