You have hunted high and low to find Waldo in New Orleans. Now, come join us for fun, games and the drawing of The Grand Prize (and lots of other prizes) for everyone who found Waldo in New Orleans this July
Regardless of your age, you are encouraged to come in costume.
Elusive Book Character Returns to New Orleans to Celebrate Local Independents
Where's Waldo? It's no surprise that the elusive book character Waldo and his friend Wenda chose to hang out in the neighborhood with their favorite independent bookstore in beautiful uptown New Orleans for his vacation this whole month of July!
The famous children's book character in the striped shirt and black-rimmed specs has been hobnobbing all month at 24 different independent local shops all around Octavia Books - from ice cream parlors, snowball stands, chocolate shops, and eateries to toy stores, movie theaters, and crafts shops.
Those who spot him can win prizes, including buttons, book coupons and great gifts contributed from all of the participating local businesses, with the grand prize being a six-volume deluxe set of Waldo books.
Collecting store stamps or signatures at 20 or more businesses will entitle diligent seekers to entry in a grand prize drawing at the Waldo party.
There is no charge to participate. And the hunt is on. For more details about where to start, click here.
Or, visit any of these participating independent local businesses:
- Angelique - 7725 Maple St.
- Art & Eyes - 3708 Magazine St.
- The Bead Shop - 4612 Magazine St.
- Blue Frog Chocolates - 5707 Magazine St.
- Canine Culture - 4920 Tchoupitoulas St.
- Clement Hardware & Variety - 6000 Magazine St.
- Creole Creamery - 4924 Prytania St.
- Crescent City Comics - 3135 Calhoun St
- Dat Dog - 5030 Freret St.
- Dirty Coast - 5631 Magazine St.
- Feet First - 4122 Magazine St.
- Hansen's Sno-Bliz - 4801 Tchoupitoulas St.
- Jefferson Feed - 6047 Magazine St.
- Magic Box - 5508 Magazine St.
- Mike the Bike Guy - 4411 Magazine St.
- Octavia Books - 513 Octavia St.
- Petcetera - 3205 Magazine St.
- PrytaniaTheatre - 5339 Prytania St.
- Rye Clothing - 4223 Magazine St.
- Scriptura - 5423 Magazine St.
- Toast - 5433 Laurel St.
- Uptown Needle & Craftworks - 4610 Magazine St.
- Weinstein's - 4011 Magazine St.
- The White Roach - 5704 Magazine St.
The travel companion that Waldo fans can’t get enough of—now with all the classic adventures!
Waldo seekers on their own voyages will be raring to go with this compact compilation featuring all seven of his renowned excursions:
Where’s Waldo Now?
Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey
Where’s Waldo? Celebrating his thirtieth anniversary!
Search for Waldo, and help him discover the truth about himself.
The elusive little guy you loved as a kid has ventured into an affordable new format, ready to boggle a new generationl. Now he's easier to carry around — but just as hard as ever to find!
Hey, Waldo fans! Sharpen your eyes and your wits, because Waldo is taking you on a whole new star-studded adventure. That's right, you're going to Hollywood! Follow Waldo—if you can find him—through a cast of thousands on the bustling streets of the great movie classics. Is he there in the chorus line of that musical in production, or up on the ramparts of that epic war film?
Find the bespectacled traveler, his friends, hidden characters, and more!
A second classic Waldo adventure gets the deluxe treatment!
Prepare to find:
A striking jacketed cover
An original poster on the underside of the jacket
A spot-the-difference game between the jacket and the self-cover designs
A gatefold with a visual checklist on every spread
A never-before-seen section of artwork revealed on every spread
New things to search for!